Global leader in door opening solutions, ASSA ABLOY, built a new distribution centre (DC) in Mentone, Victoria, for the storage and distribution of its keys, locks, safes, and door hardware and fittings. The company was seeking to automate its largely manual DC in order to expand capacity and improve productivity, throughput, order accuracy, and fulfilment speed.
In April 2020, ThreeSixty was engaged to provide property services, project management and operational support for the build and fit-out of ASSA ABLOY’s DC, including implementing the new GTP AS/RS, and integration of the ERP and WCS. The project was successfully delivered in February 2021.
- Provide a dedicated project manager and systems lead
- Project manage all major workstreams including operations, IT infrastructure, ERP analysts, software developers, and subcontractors (electricians, fire services, and prime contractor).
- GTP system integration
- Property services including council building permits and certificates of compliance, and direct liaison with the Airport Building Controller, local authorities, Metropolitan Fire Brigade, fire engineers, and building surveyors
- ERP and WCS integration including design, build, testing to change and release management
- Design and deploy ERP/WMS functionality enhancements to maximise WCS capability
- Stakeholder management
- Cost and variation control
- Create communications teams and streams, including a steering committee
- Create a cross-functional project team
- Hold regular meetings to manage tasks, resources, and deliverables
- Develop ramp-up plans to meet the new operational volumes
- Provide a change management framework
- Coordinate and deliver end-user training, testing, and transition
- Go-live management with KPI tracking, issues register, and communications plan